Shooters Haven Firearms and Training
Shooters Haven’s Address:
221 West Manlius Street
East Syracuse, NY 13057
Wednesday 4-8 PM
Thursday 4-8 PM
Friday 4-8 PM
Saturday 1-8 PM
Sunday 1–6 PM
Welcome to Shooters Haven!
We are Firearms and Self-Defense Instructors with more than 50 years experience as well as a newly licensed FFL (Federal Firearms Licensed Firearms Dealer).
We sell what we would carry and are more of a Combat/Self-Defense shop than a “Competition” store. Of course we can do both however primarily we support our students with courses and firearms that we believe in. We are taking special orders and performing transfers for the community as well. Consignment, Lay-a-ways and used firearm sales and purchases are also part of the business. We have just become a Glock Stocking Dealer and there are benefits to us and our customers for this. Within a few months we will be able to offer Law-Enforcement pricing to Police and PEace Officers.
2/14/2018: We have now gone E-Commerce! Those of you looking for items not in our local store should check out our online store.
We haven opened an online store where our Students and Customers can purchase thousands of products. We continue to “Do Right” for our students and customers alike.
The Training Center will continue as always.
We are educators and feel it is our responsibility to properly educate our students in Firearm Safety and Basic Self-Defense techniques. Each of our Instructors has different skill sets and experience. Together we bring different perspectives to our teaching (please see more than one way to skin a cat).
It has been brought to my attention that new people do not know of some of our policies so I thought I would mention them here. We provide many free services to our students;
- Any students that takes a course with us gets assistance with their “Just Cause” letter at a minimal charge of $150.00. We have written over 500 letters and have the most experience of anyone local. Unrestricted licenses are one of the most important things you can do for yourself and need a little extra work and while there are no guarantees there are things you can do to help your case..
- Any student that pays for a course may attend that same course at no charge 5 more times including live-fire courses (yes, we like to shoot also). I do not believe anyone can retain all the information and repeating the course is your best option.
- Any student that has a child under the age of 21 may have that child attend a class with you at no charge as long as there is room. If you/they want a certificate for the course they must pay for the course however attending is free for the child.
- We had an open forum night however with the opening of the gun shop we will be at the building much more frequently for questions.
- We are available for questions after most other instructors have gone to sleep and if we are awake we answer the phone personally not some machine.
Ok, let’s get started
With backgrounds in Armed Security, Personal Bodyguard work/Concert Security, Competition Shooting, Martial Arts and Hunting we are informed, available and passionate about what we do! Things are changing out there very quickly and the time for you to acquire your pistol license and firearms training is now! We are adding new courses in the spring so please keep a sharp eye on our schedule…
Information on courses we offer as well as schedules, pricing and articles are available on the site and are current. We are located in East Syracuse, New York however we do travel to other locations and teach classes in 5 Counties along with several other areas when contacted.
We recently added a new virtual training course with Laser guns to simulate live fire. While accuracy is very important, it generally not the only factor that saves your lives. Picture this, one guy is extremely accurate and another is very fast. Each has their skills however in a contest between them who do you think would win when it comes to a close quarters contest? Since in a practical/critical situation most of these situations takes place inside of 10 yards (and almost always a lot closer) speed would be the factor that wins the day. In the time the accurate guy draws and aims the fast one has hit him several times. This is the premise for the laser course, defining the draw and developing speed.
We also have several live-fire classes. these build on skills developed in the lecture and laser course to further develop hand/eye coordination and decision making. We presently have Handgun as well as Shotgun and Rifle Courses available.
Private lessons for those of you looking for one on one training. As well as those looking to learn proper technique and develop a sound platform in self-awareness and your ability to defend yourself in a more personal private setting.
We have a vested interest in you attaining your pistol license and furthering your shooting experiences. Attorney’s are charging anywhere from $500.00-$2500.00, we charge $150.00. We want our students to be prepared, feel safe in their own homes and skin.
We are approved to teach the New York State Pistol Safety Course for Onondaga, Oswego, Jefferson, Madison, and Cortland Counties. Contact us for your NYS pistol safety course.
We are presently offering;
- NYS Pistol Safety Course- 5 Counties.
- NRA Basic Pistol Course
- NRA Home Firearm Safety Courses
- NRA Shotgun Course
- NRA Inside the Home Protection
- NRA Virtual Training Pistol Course
- NRA Defensive Pistol I, II and III Qualification Courses
- Multi-State Courses- NYS, Arizona, Florida and Utah-4 hour courses.
- Conceal Carry Weapons I, II and III Courses
- Defensive Handgun Courses I and II
- Article 35 “Use of Force” Course
- Self-Defense Courses
- Private lessons in Pistol, Rifle and Shotgun
- Tactical Pistol and Shotgun Courses- Day Course
All of these courses are presently active, if you do not see a course scheduled please ask!
Little known facts about your NYS Pistol License;
- All licenses in NYS are Concealed Carry, the difference is the restrictions placed by NY Courts.
- Your Pistol License is good in 23 states.
- When outside NY your Pistol license has no restrictions in states that accept your license.
- When adding a Multi-State Course you will be able to Carry in approx. 38 states.
- Gun free signs carry no weight in law in NYS. Store policy does not supersede state law. You may carry even if a store does not want you to however if they ask you to leave you must.
- There are several applications for your phones that give you some of this information. The “CCW” app. is the best we have found.
More coming so keep us in your view!
Thank you and stay safe!
You will find our latest announcements to keep you up to date on what’s new and available. You can request to register for any course through our online form, and of course, don’t hesitate to contact on our training team should you have any questions at either 315-751-5559 or firstname.lastname@example.org.